Sunday, October 10, 2010

Loner in a Claustrophobic Mind...

I have come to the conclusion that I am lonely. I am finding that I am really not ok with being alone anymore. I'm fairly certain that I do not rely on others to validate my existence... or maybe that's wishful thinking. Either way, I don't like being solitary as much as I used to. I have been living alone for about 8 months now, give or take. With the exception of the random squatters that have occupied my guest room, I have enjoyed the silence. It was a great opportunity for self discovery, and a chance to meditate on the events of the past year. I know that I should feel blessed to be able to afford a 2 bedroom condo on my own, and I should embrace the extra space, but I can feel it gnawing on me. I have been avoiding "home" as much as possible, which has led to a lot of long walks in the evening. 4, 5, and sometimes even 6 miles each night.

I feel blessed to be offered a chance to do some self discovery, but now it's time for a change. Time to rejoin the proverbial land of the living... Look out world. The winds of change are blowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment